10 Jun, 2019
21 Jun, 2019
Instead of spending time replacing or repairing a pump, it is much more efficient to focus on preventing pump failure in the first place. From the pump and pump system, to the people who operate, maintain and design the pump system, this workshop will teach participants how to identify the real problems causing pump failure and how to avoid repeating more problems in the future.
- Pump classification
- Basic hydraulic & pump concepts and definitions
- How centrifugal pumps work
- Net positive selection head (NPSH)
- Horsepower & efficiency
- Reading pump curves
- Pump system curves
- Effect of pump operation on mechanical reliability
- Specifying the right pump
- Seals and packing for pumps
- Good pump system designs and installation practices
- Optimizing your pump operation
- Condition monitoring of pumps
- Install, start-up and commission a pump
For Whom:Works, Services and Maintenance Personnel
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Start Date||End Date|
|10 Jun, 2019||21 Jun, 2019|
Arabian Courtyard Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.