30 Mar, 2020
10 Apr, 2020
Free wifi available
The workshop will be a practical one and will expose the participants to the current trends in Public sector treasury management.
- Objectives of treasury management
- Scope of duties and responsibilities of today’s Corporate Treasurer
- The Nigerian constitution and its implications for public sector-treasury management
- Government funds: Consolidated revenue fund, development fund, contingency funds, special and trust fund, treasury funds etc.
- Relationships in federal, state and local Government funding: sharing allocations Grants, Loans, Guarantees, etc.
- The appropriation procedure: Appropriation bill, Finance Act, etc.
- Public sector financial regulations, treasury and financial circulars etc.
- The role of the Federal Ministry of Finance, The Accountant-General , the Auditor – General, the Presidency, the Central Bank, Public Accounts Committee, etc.
- Public Treasury books of accounts i.e. Petty Cash book, main cash book, cash control accounts, memorandum accounts, journal entries, etc.
- Cash Audit and internal control issues in treasury management
- Public sector computerized vote accounting
FOR WHOM: All Accountants and Auditors in the Public Sector
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
2 WEEKS: 30th March– 10th April, 2020
|Start Date||End Date|
|30 Mar, 2020||10 Apr, 2020|
SunLodge Hotel, Off Achimota - Circle Road behind the Shell Filling Station at No. 76, 4th Road (Saxel Estates) Tesano – Accra, Ghana