07 Jul, 2020
10 Jul, 2020
Free wifi available
- deploy thoughtful visualisation techniques to help improve the evaluation of processes, risks and controls
- execute strategies to help optimise the audit process
- deploy software tools to help improve audit performance and the scope of reviews performed
- use techniques to improve both the speed of production and the quality of audit reports
- grasp and explore current issues with the practicalities of auditing.
Tools that have impact: visual and analytical influencing
- why is visualisation important to my report readers?
- visualisation: highlighting control structures
- visualisation: highlighting risks
- visualisation: alternative work flows
- visualisation: roles and segregation
- visualisation: risk and control strengths using themes
- analytics: cost resourcing – process quantification
- analytics: activity cost comparisons to determine optimum flow
- analytics: calculating the cost of controls.
Techniques to target value and efficiency: audit process optimisation
- what really adds value?
- matters that impact perceived value added through the audit function
- applying LEAN to internal audit
- audit process optimisation: creating better flow and sequence
- audit optimisation: using both serial and parallel activity
- audit optimisation: time cycles and wait states
- agile – how is this relevant to internal auditors?
- agile – how it might be applied to internal audit.
Tools that help improve performance and scope: software (standard, low cost or free)
- tools to help persuasion and influencing
- tools to assist or speed up common tasks
- tools to assist it audit
- tools to assist retrieval of text and values from documents
- tools to assist fuzzy data matching
- tools to help paperless working
- tools to assist visualisation.
Techniques that target bottlenecks: improving the report writing process
- report writing: quality improvements – self checking guidelines
- report writing: quality improvements – managerial and team rules
- report writing: speed improvements – sparse reporting
- report writing: speed improvements – bottlenecks and pinch points.
FOR WHOM: All Internal Auditors in both the Public and Private Sectors.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
1ST BATCH 21st - 24th January, 2020
2ND BATCH 7th – 10th July, 2020
|Start Date||End Date|
|21 Jan, 2020||24 Jan, 2020|
|Start Date||End Date|
|07 Jul, 2020||10 Jul, 2020|
Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor), Yaba Lagos.