06 Nov, 2018
09 Nov, 2018
Training on how to apply continuous auditing and monitoring approach to the appropriate transaction flows and other internal audit assignments. This internal audit approach provides more timely and ongoing assurance concerning detailed controls operations. This workshop focuses on identifying what must be done to make effective use of information technology in support of continuous auditing.
Introduction and Background
- An Integrated Audit Approach
- Trends in the Internal Audit Industry
- What is Continuous Auditing (CA)?
- What is Continuous Monitoring (CM)?
- What is Continuous Assurance?
- What are the Pros and Cons?
- Is Continuous Auditing an Attainable Goal?
- Elimination of Audit Waste
- Hurdles to Implementing Continuous Auditing
Steps to Implementing a Continuous Audit
- Identifying High Risk Areas
- Setting Monitoring & Continuous Audit Rules
- Process Frequency
- Configuring Audit Parameters
- Communication of Results
- Challenges and Other Considerations
How does CA/CM Support Audit?
- Development of Audit Plan
- Applications for Continuous Control Assessment
- Applications for Continuous Risk Assessment
- Decrease in Testing Phases
FOR WHOM: All Internal Auditors and Other Managers/Officials who perform related functions in the both the Public and Private Sectors.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
6th - 9th November, 2018
200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor) Opposite Adekunle BRT Bus-stop, Yaba, Lagos.