24 Feb, 2020
06 Mar, 2020
Free wifi available
Accountants and finance personnel play a crucial role in the success of any government, be it federal, state or local government. Therefore, employees need to be trained and retrained for full understanding of the nitty-gritty of the current International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS).
This workshop has been packaged to build the skills and competencies of finance/accounts staff to global standard.
- Concept and Nature of Public Sector Economics
- The Conceptual Bases of Government Accounting
- Accounting Policies Under IPSAS
- Accrual and Cash Bases in IPSAS
- Accounting for Revenue: Non-Exchange Transaction, Taxes and Transfers
- Financial Reporting: Cash, Non-Cash and Grants
- Presentation of Budget Information
- Disclosure in Financial Statements Information in Government Sector
- Challenges of IPSAS and Merging Point with IFRS
FOR WHOM: Directors, Assistants Directors, Registrars, Cash Officers, Accounts Managers, Treasury officers, Credit Control Officers, Budget Officers, Banking Relationship Officers, Internal Auditors, and Officers involved in receiving and disbursing cash.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Start Date||End Date|
|24 Feb, 2020||06 Mar, 2020|
Arabian Courtyard Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.