15 Jun, 2021
18 Jun, 2021
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to understand:
- The development of information systems.
- The primary responsibilities of the IS department.
- The reasons for outsourcing IS services, the most common and popular outsource alternatives and the outsourcing risks.
- The rights and responsibilities regarding services provided by the IS department.
- The threats to computer security.
- Techniques that should be employed to protect computing devices and data.
- Technical, data, and human safeguards.
- How organizations should respond to security threats and incidents.
Business Processes, Information Systems, and Information
- The need to understand business processes
- Business process modeling
- Using IS to improve process quality
- What is information?
- Data characteristics required for quality information
Hardware and Software
- Computer hardware
- Operating systems software
- Applications software
- Open-source software as a viable alternative
- The purpose of a database
- What is a database management system (DBMS)?
- Database applications to make databases more useful
- What is a NoSQL DBMS?
- Why is the cloud the future for most organizations?
- Using the cloud
- Cloud service models
- Using cloud services securely
Organisations and Information Systems
- How do IS vary by scope?
- Solving departmental silos through enterprise systems
- Customer relationship management (CRM), enterprise resource planning (ERP), and enterprise application integration (EAI)
- Inter-enterprise IS
Social Media Information Systems
- What is a social media information system (SMIS)?
- SMIS to advance organizational strategy
- Increasing social capital
- Managing the risks of social media
- Where is social media taking us?
Business Intelligence Systems
- How do organizations use business intelligence (BI) systems?
- The three primary activities in the BI process
- Using data warehouses and data marts to acquire data
- Three techniques for processing BI data
- The alternatives for publishing BI
Information Systems Development
- What is systems development?
- The five phases of the systems development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Accomplishing system definition
- The users’ role in the requirement phase
- Designing the five components
- Implementing an IS
- The tasks for system maintenance
- Problems with the SDLC
Information Systems Management
- Functions and organization of the IS department
- How do organizations plan the use of IS?
- Advantages and disadvantages of outsourcing
- User rights and responsibilities
Information Security Management
- The goal of IS security
- How big is the computer security problem?
- Responding to security threats
- Technical safeguards
- Data safeguards
- Human safeguards
- Responding to security incidents
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
1ST BATCH: 15th – 18th June, 2021
2ND BATCH: 7th – 10th Dec, 2021
|Start Date||End Date|
|15 Jun, 2021||18 Jun, 2021|
|Start Date||End Date|
|07 Dec, 2021||10 Dec, 2021|
Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor), Yaba Lagos.