|02 Apr - 05 Apr, 2024
|13 Aug - 16 Aug, 2024
|26 Nov - 29 Nov, 2024
|02 Apr - 05 Apr, 2024
E-Government is ultimately about realizing the benefits of technology for transforming the way services are delivered to citizens and improving their experience through a ‘citizen Centric’ model.
At the end of this E-Government and E-Governance training course, participants will learn to:
- Recognize the opportunities e-government can bring and identify and prioritize where technology can be best applied to drive efficiencies, enable change and improve service delivery for Citizens.
- To understand, analyse and where to apply technologies appropriately, to enable a digital transformation that serves the Department and citizens.
- Develop and implement a ‘Channel Shift’ strategy to encourage Citizens to take up and move to the most efficient e-enabled services.
- Ask the right questions and have the confidence to engage in conversations when seeking support to deliver policies, e-enable existing services or seek to improve the citizen’s experience.
- Recognize the needs of the ‘Citizen’ in all areas of work whether writing policy, creating a communications plan or creating or improving a service.
- Understand the meaning of a Key Performance Indicator, how to create them and ensure that they align to the outcomes sought from the application of technology.
- Have insight and basic understanding of the latest ‘buzzword’ technologies and their application.
- Definition of e-governance
- Why E-Government is important and how it is Progressing
- E-Government Opportunities
- Creating KPI’s that measure desired outcomes
- What is Digital Transformation?
- Why Government is Different from the Private Sector
- The key Elements of Successful Digital Transformation
- Process Automation & Prioritization
- Incremental Delivery
- The Importance & Value of Data
- What is the Role of Government?
- How are Customer Expectations changing?
- Understanding the Customer Journey
- What do Citizens want from Government?
- Creating A Customer Journey
Innovating Public Policy & Services
- What are AI, Blockchain and all the other buzzwords and when and where can they be applied?
- Delivery Methodologies – Agile, Waterfall, Kanban, Scrum, Lean…. Where and when are they appropriate
- The importance of focusing on Outcomes
- Understanding the Excellence and other Award Criteria for Digital Transformation and Customer Service Improvement
- Applying technology for the right reasons
Success Factors of Implementation of E-Governance
- Involvement of state and local governments
- A good relationship between central and local governments
- Cooperative leadership and taskforce
- Advanced technology
- Highly skilled workforce and customer-oriented work culture
- Support and involvement of citizens
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre, 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor) Yaba - Lagos.