01 Mar, 2022
04 Mar, 2022
This Mastering Materials Management Course aims to keep both the participants abreast of the changes and emerging trends in the field of materials management, this course has been revised and updated with the latest procedures and applications. A great amount of new material has been incorporated to suit the particular need of the delegates pursuing management courses.
Materials Management and Purchase Organization
- Introduction to materials management
- Systems Approach to Materials Management.
- Forecasting, Objectives and the Materials Organization.
- Materials Planning.
Purchasing in Materials Management
- Purchasing in Materials Management System Concept.
- Purchasing and Procurement Activities under Materials Management.
- Value Analysis and Value Engineering.
- Purchasing and Quality Assurance.
- Incoming Material Quality Control.
- Statistical Quality Control.
- Purchasing Capital Equipment, Plant and Machinery.
- International Buying and Import Purchasing.
- Governmental Purchasing Practices and Procedures.
Inventory Management, Stores System and Logistics
- Inventory Management and Control Systems.
- Stores Management and Operation.
- Materials Accounting, Flow of Costs and Inventory Valuation, Physical Verification, Security and Materials Audit.
- Materials Handling and Storage Systems; Physical Distribution Logistics. Transportation, Traffic and Claims Management.
Operations Research and Related Techniques, Materials Management Information System & Computers
- Operations Research and Related Techniques.
- Materials Management Information System and Computer.
Other Operational Areas of Materials Management
- Economic Flow of Values and Materials Management.
- Spare Parts and Maintenance Materials Control and Obsolete Scrap or Process Waste and Surplus Materials Disposals.
- Materials Management and Productivity.
- Cost-Effectiveness and Performance Measurement.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
1ST BATCH: 1st – 4th Mar, 2022
2ND BATCH: 23rd – 26th Aug, 2022
|Start Date||End Date|
|23 Aug, 2022||26 Aug, 2022|
|Start Date||End Date|
|01 Mar, 2022||04 Mar, 2022|
Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor), Yaba Lagos.