14 Jun, 2022
17 Jun, 2022
- Understand conflict management and how it is used
- Use techniques to take the emotional response out of the conflict
- Understand and practice negotiation techniques to resolve conflicts
- How to use negotiation techniques to reduce or resolve conflict
- Communicate in a more persuasive manner with colleagues and individuals from outside your organisation.
- Develop more effective and creative behaviours for influencing and persuading.
- What is negotiation and why do we need it?
- What we can and cannot negotiate in the workplace
- The competencies, skills, and characteristics of a good negotiator
- The stages of negotiation
- Behaviors during negotiation
- Techniques for negotiation
- Uncover needs during negotiation
- How to adapt to the situation at hand when negotiating
- Plan an effective approach for negotiation
Conflict Management and Resolution
- Conflict management definition
- Understanding types of conflict and typical causes
- Identify your role in the conflict
- Understand different approaches to conflict management
- Identify your personal conflict management style
- Identify the conflict management styles of others
- Determine the best approach to each of the conflict management styles
- Positive and negative emotions in conflict
- Defining Influence
- The Elements of Influence
- Major Influence Strategies
- Expanding Your Power Base
- Practicing Exemplary Leadership
- Dealing with Challenging Behaviors
Learning to Communicate Persuasively
- Using your communication style to influence
- Exploratory language for better outcomes: probing questions, verifying perceptions, exploring options
- Assertive language: influencing difficult situations and people
- The power of positive language
- The power of body language
- Negotiating for a win-win
Supervisors, managers, business owners, project managers, team leaders, and other professionals in the areas of general business, HR, sales, purchasing/contract management, and law.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
1ST BATCH: 14th – 17th June, 2022
2ND BATCH: 29th Nov – 2nd Dec, 2022
|Start Date||End Date|
|29 Nov, 2022||02 Dec, 2022|
|Start Date||End Date|
|14 Jun, 2022||17 Jun, 2022|
Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor), Yaba Lagos.